Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vacation is all I ever wanted

Vacation's having to get away...

One of the things I insist upon is taking a family vacation once a year. Between the children's escapades, Mr. HW's (Hard Worker) work schedule (sometimes up to 7 days a week) and when you add my work schedule into the mix doesn't give us much quality family time together. So, it's important to me (as well as my rule) that we take time off and get away. Going away enables us to do that, no distractions, just us.

Because I insist on the vacation, many years ago Mr. HW and I bought into the Disney time share. It allows us the flexibility to "get away" and our vacation is already paid for. We only have to pay for travel and food. It works for us. Since it is a flexible plan, we can go to Disney World or go somewhere else. This year we have reservations on property, however we are not going into the parks. Instead we will visit friends and possibly go to Sea World. Why aren't we planning to go into Disney parks? Between August, 2007 and August, 2008, we "did" the parks 3 times. Yes, three times. So, one could say both my husband and I are "Disneyed out". We could only accomplish this because we have the time share. However, it's been an entire year since we've had a family vacation, so it's time. Both my husband and I decided we wanted to see our friends, so we're driving to Florida.

Whoo-hoo! I can hardly wait.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!

Joyce-Anne said...

Suzanne- Everyone is very excited.

Natalie said...

Good for you, Joyce-Anne. I hope you have a lovely,lovely time, and have some nice photos to show us when you get back.xx♥

Unknown said...

Good for you. That is EXACTLY why I bought a time-share 14 years ago. It's like pre-paying for vacation. And even though I have never actually visited the time share I own (It's in the Austrian Alps) my membership in Interval International has allowed me to trade my week to places all over the US, England and Ireland. I never would have done many things I have done without my timeshare.

Joyce-Anne said...

Natalie- As you've probalby figured out, I'm not so good with the pictures and getting them posted on the blog. I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I hope to remedy that soon.

Lceel- The Disney time share is exactly like Interval International. When the children get older we'll be able to visit more exotic locations. :)

Momisodes said...

I'm so excited for you all! This sounds like a great idea. And I totally agree as someone who grew up in Florida. There really is such a thing as too much Disney.

Joyce-Anne said...

Momisodes- I'm hoping that they'll be a little less stress of not having to haul the children, strollers and the diaper bag to the parks. :)

Tara R. said...

Enjoy the vacation! Hope you have a relaxing trip.

Joyce-Anne said...

Tara- Thank you, Tara.

Grandy said...

Oh my! I'm late in getting over here, and you're probably back from your trip to see Suzanne. But if not...I hope you have a blast! Must get pics of you both and post them. :)

Joyce-Anne said...

Grandy- We haven't left yet. I usually try to avoid the camera, however, I'll see if we can get at least one shot together this time. Just for you, lady!

Unknown said...

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic.
help essay

Unknown said...

I have bookmarked this page for future use.Keep blogging.I’m positive my followers will find this article really useful.
essay writing