Monday, January 4, 2010

That Damn Tree

Happy New Year! I hope that 2010 brings peace, joy, and good health to you and your families.

I love Christmas. I enjoy the greeting cards, the hustle and bustle of the season, the music and the children's excitement as Christmas day draws near. I even enjoy decorating the house and the Christmas tree. That is, I used to enjoy it...

Due to the fact, that I have three children and my husband had become concerned about potential fire hazards of a live tree, a few years ago we purchased a pre-lit artificial one. If we were going to make the investment, I insisted that the Christmas tree meet a couple of my criteria. One was that it had to be "fat". I wanted it to have some shape. Secondly, the tree had to have A LOT of light. I love a well lit tree. Fortunately, that Christmas tree did exist and we bought it. It's been a pleasure having this tree. It's easy to assemble and the lights haven't given us a problem. However, for the last two years, my children have asked to help to decorate the tree. Actually, they insist on helping. Last year, I thought it was fun and they had such a wonderful time. However, I secretly cursed them when it was time to put everything away. This year, well, let's just say I've been working on removing the ornaments for the past 6 hours and I'm not done yet. It's true, I'm a bit obsessive about putting the ornaments back in their proper boxes. After all, if they are packed neatly and I'm organized about it, it should be easier to decorate next year. Right? The problem is that when the kids help, I have no idea where anything is. Plus, placing 2 or even 3 ornaments on one particular branch, doesn't make it easy to find the ones that are hiding in the back. Inevitably, it's a smaller ornament hiding behind a much larger one! Well, back to work for me...that damn tree won't take itself down.

Oh, I just realized today is my blogoversary! This blog is a whole year old. Wow. It's true how time flies. I'm not going to resolve to write more often, but I will try. Thank you to all who read and all who take the time to comment, I appreciate it. And, if you are one of the "lurkers", please take a moment and say hello.

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm borrowing from the Flintstones.

Happy Blogoversary, Happy blogoversary,

Happy blogoversary,

HAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

py Blog o vers A ry!

You averaged out to almost one a week-that's not too bad!

Natalie said...

Happy Bloggiversary precious! it has been an ABSOLUTE pleasure to know you.xx♥

Unknown said...

Happy Blogoversary, Joyce-Anne. I <3 you bunches.

songbird's crazy world said...

congrats on the blogoversary

Joyce-Anne said...

Suzanne- Thank you for you well wishes. It would have been very nice to have averaged a post a week. But, maybe it will happen in 2010...

Natalie- Thank you for your support. I'm glad I got to meet you too.

Lceel- Thank you. I <3 you too.

Songbird- Thank you. When I started the blog, I never considered the possiblity of keeping it going for an entire year.

Momisodes said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

I am totally with you on the tree undecorating. I loathe taking it down every year.

Cookie said...

Happy Blogiversary! That is exciting.
When I took the tree down, I made the kids help. I got the box and then told them which ornaments to find and bring them to me. They know where everything is on the tree. they adore it :)

Holly said...

Wow, happy blogiversary! Exciting.

I let my older kid have his own tree to decorate in his room. That worked out well last year, but this year for some reason he decided to crush it. I think a separate tree for the kids is a good idea, though.

Tara R. said...

Happy Blogoversary!

We've had a 'boxed' tree for years. Definitely makes decorating easier. Hubs is so particular about how we store the ornaments he insists on putting them away alone. I'm all good with that.

Joyce-Anne said...

Momisodes- Thank you for the well wishes. So,you know what I'm talking about. I really thought it was just me who felt this way about the tree.

Cookie- Thank you. I may just have to have the kids help take it down next year. For some reason, I think taking down the tree will go easier without their help.

Holly aToM- It's been fun having a blog. Thank you. I'm not ready to give my kids their own tree, yet. But maybe in another year or two.

Tara- Thank you. You are lucky, you escape the fuss of taking down the tree. Though, I have a feeling I'm like your husband when it comes to putting the ornaments away.

Grandy said...

JA~ You and I say "hello" often, but I thought it was time I stop here and say it again. But I also thought it important to remind you that I'm so greatful I've learned so much about you in the last year. :) Sending you warm hugs girl!!

Unknown said...

I think this is one of the most important information for me. And I am glad reading your post.
Pay Dissertation

Bernard Atkinson said...

I am writing my dissertation writing project and getting important points from different blogs and forums and This is my pleasure to being here on this blog..

paulsmith198914@gmail.com said...

Damn! This post is fantastically creative, I like the way you work. Browse paperwriting-services.com wneh you are in need of a well-written and properly-formatted essay.