Friday, April 10, 2009

Almost done

Please excuse me if I ramble or if this post is gibberish. I'm "done" from the past few days.

In the midst of Holy Week (and for me, this is the busiest time of year), my husband and I decided to paint the girls' bedroom. He had vacation time left over from last year and already lost a couple of days and was in danger of losing the remaining 5 days. Of course, the first few days he had off, we were cleaning out the room and, to be honest, moving slowly through the process. Then, as the week wore on, we got closer to our goal. Having the room ready and empty enough to paint. Oy! My husband started painting Wednesday. Yes, I said he started painting on Wednesday. The thing about Wednesday is that it's the beginning of my singing for me the next 5 days in a row. I have a lot of responsibilities at church this week. It begins with Holy Thursday continues Good Friday and Holy Saturday and finally ends with Easter Sunday. I said five days in a row, well it technically starts with a marathon and a monster of a rehearsal on Wednesday night. This is one week where it's not unusual for me to be out of the house for 4-6 hours at a time every day/night. Consequently, I did not do any painting.

Due to the fact, I didn't want my daughters to inhale the paint fumes, the girls were temporarily moved into Computer Boy's room. Monkey girl hasn't had a good night's sleep since she's been in there. It's an adjustment that she simply didn't make. It's understandable, she still sleeps in a crib and since that was too difficult to move, she was using a toddler bed mattress on the floor. So, she'd get up and look for me or my husband. She'd climb into my son's bed and "visit" him. (I did say she was a monkey.) Now the room is finished (a very pretty lilac color) and everyone can go back to their proper sleeping arrangements. Good. I can use a decent night's sleep.

Meanwhile, I still have two days of singing to go. The bulk of my responsibility is yet to come--Saturday night at the Easter Vigil. I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to spread my wings as a musician and challenge myself in the process. Very cool, yet demanding and exhausting and nerve-racking too.

Happy Easter everyone!

8 comments:

Tara R. said...

That's what I should have done during Spring Break... paint! Oh well... glad everyone is back in their own beds.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful and Blessed Easter.

Natalie said...

Good Luck with your singing Joyce-Anne. You will have to post some photos of the paint job.

Happy Easter to you.xx♥

Joyce-Anne said...

Tara- I never thought to suggest painting to you. It's a nice way to start off fresh. Happy Easter to you and the family too.

Natalie- I keep thinking I should post photos, but I never seem to get to taking any and consequently none are ever posted. Happy Easter.

Unknown said...

Honestly, I'm a little stunned that you're finding the time to call me this week! (Folks, she has had this schedule for YEARS and I know that Easter week is NOT the time to call her>) Hang in there, enjoy the time singing and dinner is 6:30 Sunday. (LOL!)

Unknown said...

It's Monday, now, and I hope that now you're able to relax a bit.

Momisodes said...

Wow. It certainly sounds like you all have been busy. So glad the room is all finished and the week is finally over.

Hoping you're getting a breather these days.

Grandy said...

Well I hope it all worked out well, sweetie. Im sure it did...but it is nerve racking in the process.

Joyce-Anne said...

Sue- You know I'd be there (for dinner) if I could have managed it.

Lou- I have 3 children, relax? Are you nuts? Actually, I have a lot of housework to catch up on, but I'm not killing myself to get it done. It will get done, eventually.

Sandy- The girls' room looks great. We're even shopping for new beds for them.

Mary- I love the challenges of Easter Vigil. Seriously, it's vocally demanding but there are factors that make the experience exhilarating too.