Monday, February 23, 2009

And Now a Word from our Sponsor

Commercials...the excuse to get up from the tv and get yourself a snack or run to the bathroom or even do a quick chore.

I don't think I really sit and watch any shows from start to finish anymore. There's just too much to do. Seriously, it seems I always have dishes to wash (whether it be hand washing or emptying/filling the dishwasher), toys to pick up and put away, laundry...well, there's always laundry in some form to do. I'm sure I'm leaving something off the list, but I know you get the point. Oddly, I'm fine with the fact that I don't just get to sit and let myself get carried away in a fantasy world or someone's chance at stardom via reality tv. No, I let myself get carried away on the internet or more specifically other people's blogs.

I recently discovered the convenience of the laptop. Ours is not a new one, quite the contrary. It's at least 2 years old and wasn't top of the line when it was purchased. As many of you know, I am not a technophile. When I first tried the laptop, I found it awkward and difficult to use. But, now I've become more comfortable using it. I've even developed an appreciation for the fact that I can sit in the same room that the children are in and surf the net and even read people's blogs. Btw, I'm doing that right now. Monkey girl is playing with her babies and here I sit...however, dishes and laundry are both calling my name. Oh well, I better get to work.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love having a laptop. I have dishes calling my name right now too.

Momisodes said...

Oh boy. Once you go laptop, there's no turning back. I won't even begin to tell you some of the places I'm guilty of taking mine.

Suzanne said...

There's always dishes to do and laundry to be cleaned. You deserve a few minutes to yourself!

Natalie said...

Hi, Joyce - Anne, I got a laptop for Valentine's Day! Whoo hoo! I TOTALLY hear you sister! My chores are calling me too, but they are not as cute as you!


P.s. Come and stick your face on my followers list, i'd love to have you. xx♥♥

Tara R. said...

I don't think my peeps would ever see me if it weren't for my laptop. I can sit on the couch with my men folk while they are watching manly men shows and I can catch up on my Reader. The dogs can do the dishes.

Unknown said...

My laptop lets me rub Annie to sleep and then blog away without getting out of bed and waking her (she's a light sleeper). I would NEVER be able to post every day like I do if I didn't have a laptop.