Monday, February 2, 2009

Breakfast

Sorry I haven't written. Last week, I didn't really have the energy to write, but I did visit your blogs.

As you may remember I am an active member of the PTA at school. One of the requirements of being on the executive board is to attend meetings. Well, at one of those meetings, the chair of the Pre-K committee asked if anyone would be interested in being a substitute. Needless to say, I volunteered. Our PTA Pre-K program is offered once a week for about an hour and a half. It's purely for socialization and not academically based. Apparently, my subbing has become a permanent situation. It's not a problem, I enjoy working with the children and Monkey Girl can come too.

Last week, the students had the opportunity to purchase breakfast. For the price of $1.00, each child had a choice of cereal, muffin, juice and milk. After all the children had been served, Monkey Girl broke out into tears. She had waited so patiently for her turn and Mommy (me) didn't give her a dollar to buy her own meal. I quickly remedied that, gave her the money and she got to pick her own cereal, muffin, juice and milk. Once she paid for her meal, she sat down at a table and ate and ate and ate. I dare say she ate more than her older counter-parts. She had such a blast and was so happy. She thoroughly enjoyed her morning at Pre-K. I can't wait to see what she does when we visit an actual kindergarten class.

5 comments:

Momisodes said...

Aww, I'm so glad she had a great time and ate well. A sure sign she's comfortable.

Sounds like you've certainly had your hands full, but are enjoying the time. Glad to hear :)

Tara R. said...

This will be great for her when she started big kid school on her own.

Good luck with the new gig, I hope you lots of fun.

Natalie said...

Sounds fabby J.J.

You are a busy girl for sure. Sounds like Monkey girl had a lovely adventure too.xx

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

That's so sweet that she went with you. I love when the "volunteering" turns permanent. We've missed you.

Natalie said...

HI! Your letter is 's'. Have fun.xx