Monday, January 12, 2009

10 years

This August, my husband and I will be married 10 years. I was hoping to *get away* for a long weekend - just the two of us. However, there is a potential issue that may prevent that from happening.

Babysitting. Need I say more? I'm sure you're thinking there must be someone you can ask. And, yes, I can. Honestly, I was hoping one of my sisters would help. It would be easier if hubby and I didn't have to split the three kids up and the person would come to stay at my house. That's probably NOT going to happen. My youngest sister (the CPA) is not married (and no children) and is the perfect candidate for the *job*. However, caring for all three children, she finds to be a daunting task. Then, there's my sister (the military wife) who's husband expected to be on leave around the time we'd want to go away. The problem: they want to be here to celebrate my Mom's birthday but then, they also want to take a short vacation. So, where they're concerned, precise planning would be required (and, of course, the military could always change those plans). Then, there's my oldest sister, (she has red hair, so I'll refer to her as Red). She's more than willing to take the girls, but is apprehensive about my son. My son can be a handful (a boy with a multitude of issues) but he can also be an absolute delight and pleasure to be around.

Please know that I am not complaining. I love my children. I would never change a thing about having them. I am fortunate to have sisters to ask to help out. My guess is that my hubby and I will shorten our weekend and hopefully something can be worked out with my family. After all, we have eight months to work it out.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

You can fly me up. I'll be your Mary Poppins, lol!

Oh, and stop by my place-there's a surprise for you!

Tara R. said...

I hope you can work out the logistics. A long weekend away sounds wonderful!

Natalie said...

Good luck with it, J.J. Parents need a break no matter how much they love their little ones.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I'm having the exact same problem. Our 10th is in April.

ligirl said...

Kinda early, but Happy Anniversary, kids! You have plenty of time...I'm hopeful for you it will all work out!

Grandy said...

If I were there, I would do it for ya. I did it for my sis & her hubby and they have 3 also. :)

It will work out. Does your oldest have a friend that he can spend a weekend with (and your friends with the parents too) and then your kid sis can watch the youngest 2?

We have to think outside the box here. :)

Unknown said...

I would sit for you - I would. Me AND SWMBO. Me - to lead them astray and her - to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Joyce-Anne said...

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and suggestions. To the offers of babysitting, I'd even fly you here, we could afford it.