Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This and that

A new bloggy friend of mine is up for the 2008 weblog awards, she's Tara from http://ifmomsaysok.wordpress.com/ Please go and vote for her or another one of your faves, but please, vote for her.

I've decided I will never dig out from under the pile of laundry that continues to multiply. It's a good thing that I'm not letting it get to me. Seriously, I don't know about you, but I can't take one day off from it.

Earlier today, I was thinking about something my son said to me recently. For now, I'll refer to him as Sweats. He loves to wear cozy and comfortable clothes and so his nickname. Sweats just turned 5 in September and started kindergarten too. But, I digress. One day, my son, was being especially helpful as well as very sweet and so in addition to thanking him I gave him a kiss. It was a simple, harmless peck on the cheek. You think I would have started a war by his reaction. "Mom, don't do that!! You'll embarrass me in front of my friends!" Imagine my surprise. First of all, we were in the house and his only friends around were his sisters. And, secondly, when did he grow up? This is the boy who always loves to sit on my lap when I read to him. He also still enjoys snuggling with me. I wonder if school and sitting in a classroom full-time introduced him to peer pressure for the first time? Kids can be kids and sometimes they can be cruel. I just hope it doesn't change my little boy too much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no more powerful force in that young man's life than the arms of his mother - there is no safer place in his life than in the arms of his mother - there is no warmer place for him to hide from the troubles and strife that a 5 year old deals with than his mother's embrace. Always.

Tara R. said...

At 15yo my son has no problem letting his friends know he's a 'momma's boy.' I'm also the 'cool mom' for they all want to be my 'boys.' I bet Sweats, deep down, will always want to be your little boy too.

(Thanks for the shout out.. you are awesome!)

Natalie said...

I have two boys, one 13 and one who is 2 - both mummy's boys. Don't fret, he's just practising at being "big". :D

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

You see how having been such a loyal follower works to your advantage? I waited months to have 4 comments on a post.

And, I'm terrified of when peer pressure robs me of my son. Hug him tighter and read a little more.