Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Rush

The computer beckons to me. It whispers my name. Calling and calling me to come. When I finally give in to the temptation and turn it on, I hold my breath until it's finished booting up. Like a drug addict, I need to access the Internet. When all is ready, it happens, the emotions, the adrenaline, the anticipation...then I finally see them...the comments!! You guys may or may not have experienced it, but I get such a rush out of seeing people actually reading and responding to what I've written.

Non-bloggers just don't understand. Although, if they've joined Facebook, they do...well, to a degree anyway. For the better part of a year, I've been reading other people's blogs. It started with a friend's. I'll skip all the gory details of how long I've known her...because I think she's already outed them anyway. From her blog, I found another one and so on and so on. I've learned so much from you, my mentors. From reading your posts and comments, I've cried and laughed with you. I've been freaked out by situations and empathised with what you've been dealing with in your lives. And so now, this baby blogger is going to try to live up to what I've learned and hopefully will continue to grow as a person and possible writer. Thank you one and all.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

You may have started with mine, but you went about this whole thing the right way!

I read blogs for a while, but was afraid to comment before starting my own. If I did comment, I didn't link to my own fledgling blog.
Silly me!

Yes, it is a huge rush to get those comments...and followers...and more comments!

Unknown said...

You'll do just fine. You are going to be so good. You ARE so good. Just make sure you don't lose YOU in the pursuit of readers and readership. I LOVE you and who you are. Stay real and you'll do just fine.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you've taken the plunge! Woohoo!! I'm with you on the adrenaline rush, it's amazing, isn't it?

P.S. You're on FB??

Myst_72 said...

The comments are great - and the adrenaline rush doesn't wear off. Especially when you've written something quite important to you.

G
xx

Natalie said...

Damn thing beckons me too......

Deary me :D

Looks like we are in it together!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

You better find me on Facebook, honey. And, you know what? You are already getting 6 comments - on your fourth post. We can't wait to follow along and read YOU now.

Unknown said...

Ya know, I *should* be jealous that at 3 years and almost 1000 posts, I don't get this many comments! Instead, I'm psyched to see that you've got yourself a following! :)

(Hmm, that guest posting thing was partly to get you some traffic...)