Thursday, January 22, 2009

Still at work

He's still not home... Mr. Hard-Worker is in the office. I believe he's saving the world from bad computer programs. I know that sounds a little strange...but when you put in the hours he does, it must be true.

Mr. Hard-Worker is obviously my husband. Before you start thinking, oh he's having an affair. You should know that he works for an Asian owned company and it has offices in Europe and Taiwan. So, when they are open, the office in America has to be available to help deal with clients. Unfortunately, he is one of the people that is called upon to assist with certain questions and problems. On more than one occasion, he's been awakened at 4 AM to help with a customer issue.

My husband has a strong work ethic. He feels a sense of responsibility towards his children and I would be lying if I didn't include myself in that statement. He and I both know people that are unemployed, so while, he works very hard, we are also thankful that he has a job, especially in this economy. My part-time singing doesn't exactly pay the mortgage.

3 comments:

Momisodes said...

It must be hard having him away for such long and odd hours. It was tough for my daughter and I when my husband worked endless hours at his last job. Sounds like you are both taking it all into stride though and counting your blessings :)

p.s. I'm so glad I got through in comments! I think it was Firefox that wasn't allowing me to post on some Blogger blogs.

Joyce-Anne said...

Sandy- Thanks. We do the best we can. I'm glad you were finally able to leave a comment.

Suzanne said...

Knowing Mr. Hard Worker as long as I have, he is a very driven worker. It doesn't surprise me in the least that he spends all that time making sure things are complete before he walks out the door.