Monday, January 5, 2009

Number 2

My second post! I can hardly believe I've made it this far. No, not really. I'll wait until my 100th post to say that. Btw, I have to learn how to respond back to comments. However, I want to thank everyone who's visited so far.

You would think that being a mom of three, I would be used to all the trials and tribulations of a 2 year old. The answer to that is a clear No. I've come to the conclusion that every child develops at his/her own pace. For example my oldest daughter (the Mayor) was spoke at 10 months and at 13 months she was talking in complete sentences. Once she was ready to train, I kid you not, she potty trained herself. My guess, is that at the tender age of 3 she became the classic over-achiever. My son, (Sweats) did not speak as quickly and also has other motor issues and sometimes I think I'm still training him. I know that as life goes on, I will share stories about him. Then, there's Monkey girl (my 2 year old daughter). She's the quiet one. Her vocabulary is improving, says new words everyday. Well, Monkey girl was taking her bath last night. She was playing and having a good time. That is, until she decided to "she had to go". Fortunately for me, she was clean already, yet I like to give her a good rinse to get any remaining soap off of her. After I discovered the *gift* and the tub was sufficiently cleaned and toys removed (to be washed later). She would not get back in, not even for a minute to rinse her off. So, dear people, does this mean she will give me a hard time about returning to the tub and taking a bath? Perhaps I'm putting the cart before the horse and making more of this than necessary. Let's hope so.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to leave a comment that said, essentially, at least she didn't eat it (because so many kids do, you know?) - but I decided not to because I didn't want to gross you out. I know. Nice guy.

Joyce-Anne said...

I guess I should look on the bright side...no, she didn't eat it. Gross!

Momisodes said...

A bowl full of water, and in the bathroom. I can see how she may have gotten the tub and toilet mixed up :) Hopefully Monkey Girl will take after her older sister and potty train herself soon!

Tara R. said...

My son did the same sort of thing when he was that age. He still won't take a bath, but loves the shower.

(jumped over from LceeL's. Welcome to the blog-O-sphere!)

Suzanne said...

I so totally can see Monkey girl doing this! She's just showing you she understands that you drop the kiddos off at the pool. She was just IN the pool with them.

Grandy said...

Oh my...the potty habbits of the little ones. Fun FUN!!

Natalie said...

Hi! I am mother of five. My two year old boy thinks it hilarious to leave us a present in the bath at times. He talks to it!!! ARGGHH.

Shadow said...

a huge big bubblebath should sort out any doubts....

Myst_72 said...

Hmmm...next time could you wait until after she's been to the toilet?
Gee how quickly I'd forgotten about these things with little people!

G
xx