Within the first week of blogging I've already received an award. I sense great things to follow. No, not really. Suzanne (http://www.suzannesez.blogspot.com/) has bestowed upon me the Honest Scrap award. Truth be known folks, I've known her for a very long time. She and I went to high school together. So, the fact that I've received an award is I'm sure she just wants to torture me (oops, I mean honor my efforts thus far).
The rules for the Honest Scrap award: The honorees are to: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
- My husband does not know about this blog...yet. I will tell him, I just haven't gotten around to it. Why haven't I told him, hey, I don't know. It just hasn't come up. My family doesn't know about it yet either. I may not ever tell them. This way, I can vent about how my sisters annoy me...
- I love the Game Show Network. I love word puzzle games. I play along with shows like Password and Lingo.
- I can eat a whole box of Milkduds in one sitting. I know bad for you all around, especially my teeth.
- I love children's literature. I also love reading to children. Sometimes, I think I missed my calling. I should have become a Children's Librarian.
- My first real kiss made my toes tingle. I wonder if Chris knew. He also was my first love. I think we were both in high school, although he lived in another town.
- Sometimes I feel incredibly sad. I have no idea the cause of my melancholy. Perhaps I feel overwhelmed, although I have yet to find a mother who doesn't feel *crazed* at times. Is it the path not taken? I don't know. I love my husband and children and wouldn't change a thing. Fortunately the sadness doesn't last too long, some times for a few minutes and at times a little longer.
- I sometimes wonder if I'd go to church if I didn't work there. For those of you who don't know, I sing at church (mostly Catholic Masses, weddings and funerals) and get paid for it. But, the hoopla surrounding the various rituals, I find to be a bit too much at times. Then, on Christmas Eve, the Priest scolded the people for not coming more often. Things like that turn me off.
- Due to the fact that Monkey Girl is a total sweetheart, every once in awhile, I find myself wanting another baby. She's so easy going and a great toddler. Sometimes, it would be nice to just have another baby like her. Of course, there are no guarantees. Plus, I'm too old now. In addition, a fourth child would really put my husband and I over the edge.
- I've been on television. A local composer wrote a piece of music based on psalm 23 (The Lord is my shepherd) and he contacted my voice teacher and the local "church" tv station. When all was said and done he was interviewed and we sang his song and the show was broadcast several times.
- I don't like to be cold. If I could I would move to a warmer climate in a heartbeat. Living in the northeastern United States in winter just isn't agreeable. I'm not even sure Florida is a warm enough climate, but it's better than here.
I would like to pass the award to the following people. I hope that you accept it, but since it's an award, I make it optional.
- http://louceel.blogspot.com/ I enjoy Lou's writing immensely. He is a kind man with a heart of gold.
- http://www.momisodes.com/ Sandy is a great writer. She's also a lovely person. I wish she could be my next door neighbor, I believe we have a lot in common.
- http://abritdifferent.wordpress.com/ Siobhan is lovely and sweet. She also has a fabulous accent, I would kill to have.
- http://anglophilefootballfanatic.com/ Holly has a such a great wit and a wonderful and funny perspective on life. Plus, she's started Mimosa Mondays.
- http://mummypandy.blogspot.com/ Natalie is a mom of 5. She considers herself a manager of mayhem. With three I can't imagine having more children. She amazes me. Need I say more?
- http://ifmomsaysok.wordpress.com/ Tara is a very creative writer. Even though I just met her through the blogosphere, I think she should have won that "Best Up and Coming Blog" award.
- http://functionalshmunctional.blogspot.com/ Mary is hysterical. I love her outlook. She's already been tagged by Songbird, so I'll let her off the hook.
I'd love to see your answers. Hopefully you will all participate. I'd love to learn even more about you.