Friday, January 23, 2009

An Evening In

Tonight, Mr. Hard-Worker came home at a reasonable hour. He brought pizza for dinner. Yay! I didn't have to cook. We had dinner and a movie. The five of us enjoyed the sheer pleasure of spending time together. It's especially delightful when you consider how many hours of long work Mr. H-W has put in this week.

For most of the evening, my husband and I sat together. After the week he had, he deserved the relaxation. I enjoyed just sitting next to him and having him home. We both relished the quality time with our children.

Throughout the movie I hear "Mommy, I love you." This statement is followed by a kiss from Monkey Girl. Of course, she melts my heart. She doesn't really watch the movie, rather decides to play with a puzzle often pushing pieces off the board. She's two years old and growing up very quickly. As far as I'm concerned, she's growing up too quickly. A friend of mine, Suzanne of http://www.suzannesez.blogspot.com will often refer to using the pause button on her children. However, I would love to invent a remote control to slow down this *growing up* process --just a little bit.

My boy child (previously referred to as Sweats, now renamed Computer Boy) watched some of the movie sitting next to his older sister. He also spent some of the movie in front of the computer. He loves his *dot coms* as he calls them. Computer Boy (CB) is growing up fast also. It was just yesterday that he was still in pre-school and learning his letters. Now, he informs you that the letters *CK* together make the *K* sound. It's cool. He's never been one to speak and share much, but now he's really becoming a little person. I'd like to use the remote on him too.

The Mayor, also known as my oldest daughter, watched the entire movie. She laughed in the appropriate spots and enjoyed the fact she got to eat in front of the television. I think she's inherited my husband's love for movies. If we'd let her, she would watch a movie everyday.

Here's an update regarding her dance for the school talent show. Earlier this afternoon, I worked with two other mothers and choreographed the entire dance. If I do say so myself, these second graders are going to look adorable and possibly steal the show. I can't wait to teach it to them and see what they do with it.

***Yes, I promise to learn how to use linky love without all the http//, etc. stuff that goes with it.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Simple, but ultimately the most special times, J.J.
Nice to have a night in with your Honey. :) xx

Bama Cheryl said...

Your evening sounds wonderful. Those are the times that family memories are made of!

Tara R. said...

That sounds like a lovely evening. Once the kid get older and want to spend time at their friends houses, these sort of nights are few and far between. I would love to have one of those remotes too.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Anytime you can all gather as a family without fighting? That's a good time. Yay for the quality time.

songbird's crazy world said...

that's what I miss most about when my kids were little -- the simple times eating pizza and watching TV. enjoy those moments.

Grandy said...

It took me a while on the linky love thing. Then I was doing it the hard way...now I know the shortcut. Email me if you want the hint. :)

mgrandy@ftcnet.net

Grandy said...

I'm glad you had a good movie night. :)