Sunday, January 11, 2009

One morning

On this particular morning, people gathered solemnly and silently. This morning, parents, siblings, loved ones and friends were saying a final farewell to their son, brother, and friend of only 29 years. He had so much still to live for and so much to give...but he was taken away from them all too soon. He loved science and was an organic chemist. He rode his bicycle across part of Alaska and hiked the Appalachian Trail. He wanted to do and explore so much more. Yes, he was taken away from his family and friends too soon.

This is a true story, although, I don't know the family personally. It must be exceptionally difficult to survive a child. Something, I truly don't even was to think about. My heart goes out to them. I only hope that time helps them move on and heal their broken hearts.

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

I cannot imagine the pain a parent feels at losing a child. My heart and prayers go out the the family.

Natalie said...

Ditto. :(

Unknown said...

There is no pain like it - and it's a pain that stays with you. Forever.

Grandy said...

Oh every parent's worst nightmare. It breaks my heart when I see it. My 94 year old grandfather lost his will when my Dad passed. He died a very short 5 weeks later.